CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF AWARDS AT THE 150 TH DEATH ANNIVERSARY COMMEMORATION OF MAHATMA GANDHI ON APRIL, 17th, 2020 AT 6.00 PM IN NEW YORK ONLY on-line Recommendations accepted.
Awards of Distinction will be given out in several categories. The candidates recommended for award must meet the criteria as applicable to the categories as described below.
General criteria for consideration of the nomination includes candidate’s research or activity in any field or contribution in the development or promotion of the subject of award, achieving excellence or promoting the activity in the community, showing or taking leadership role etc. The candidate may show how the life, teachings and example of Shri Mahatma Gandhi ji has impacted his or her own life as well as the lives of others on a nationwide basis or changes that has impacted the world. What were the unique attributes of Mahatma ji which you believe has impacted most in the area of subject category that you wish to be considered? Also please demonstrate how and why the relevance of Gandhi ji’s life and teachings, attributes and principles has drawn or could draw the excitement and interest of generations of today and tomorrow .
The call for award nominations is open to a select number of categories mentioned below. Nominations are open to men and women candidates without discrimination as to sexual orientation, race, religion, color or age.
Additional relevant CVs or documents may be attached to the application.
3. Civil Rights
5. I Technology
6. Social Service
1.Please Go to Website : www________ and Click the “Nominate” and next a candidate button and begin your online nomination process.
2.Create an account, indicate the name of your candidate and the Award name for which you wish to submit a nomination.
3.Submit the document or documents required and follow each step.
Recommendations of a candidate must be made on the format herein. The candidate must agree to be present at the event to personally accept the award if selected. Fully completed recommendation must be submit by a NOMINATOR by on-line no later than Friday March 20, 2020 to: [email protected] in order to be acceptable for consideration.
Format for each applicant:
1. Name of Award Recommended (Only one).
2. Name and particulars of the candidate. (address, email, Tel. No. )
3. Attach a passport size photograph of candidate.
4. Educational background.
5. Basis for recommendation, under 500 words.
6. Certification by candidate that he/she will attend to receive Award if selected.
7. Name, address and cell no. of person making and submitting the recommendation.
For internal Use only – Not for Publication.
Review Process by Committee
The Awards Chair, after ensuring that all conditions of the award have been satisfied and that the procedures were followed, in turn forwards the nomination and its supporting documentation to the Awards Committee.
The Awards Committee will review the submissions and the CVs or papers and prepare a short-list of candidates for each Award.
1. Hold a meeting (s)/teleconference and, if necessary, prepare a list of questions to be sent back to the original nominators.
2. Before voting takes place the awards committee discusses the various short-listed nominees and reviews answers to any questions.
3. The nominations are then put to a vote by ballot will of the committee.